Privacy settings

We use a number of cookies on our website. Some are essential, while others help us improve our portal for you.

Privacy settings

Here is an overview of all the cookies we use. You can choose to accept whole categories or view more information and select only certain cookies.

Essential (6)

Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the website to function properly.

Statistics (3)

Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us to understand how our visitors use our website.
If the statistics cookies are subsequently deselected, they will remain on the computer until the expiry date. However, they are neither updated nor evaluated.

Sport betting tips: Community betting tips (Page 8)

Topic created on 22nd Feb. 2024 | Page: 8 of 18 | Answers: 258 | Views: 14,401
frapi07
Elite

Patizi wrote on 03.05.2024 at 07:46:

I think that 150 words is a sign that you are thinking about it. It makes you deal with a game a little more yourself. If, for example, you were to lower the number of characters, then you would have some who would no longer provide any real reasons other than "My gut feeling says so" or "Because that's the way it is". That's roughly how it would look for some of them.
I think that's a kind of "sorting out", possibly for a bit more quality. Someone who wants to do something like that and thinks about it will invest a little time in it.

Incidentally, I would also set the number of words a little higher for combinations, for example.

Write in who is playing and where they are playing. Then maybe a bit of statistics and a bit of your own opinion and you've got the 150 words together. I don't write the most awesome reasons, but it might help you to see how I do it. For example, I always have the introduction. Who's playing, where are they playing and what's the situation in the table.

I'm less concerned with the number of words. I've already given a tip.

But what struck me was that I had to stretch it out to get to 150 words. Does that show that I've been working on it? Maybe, but what's the point of such a long analysis for a "both meetings" or over 2.5/3.5?

I'm more concerned with the fact that you can't currently submit any combos as a community tip. You are limited to posting one Tip (single bet) per day. Look at the tips, Patizi has 4 tips for the same matchday - it would be nice if you could have submitted them as a combination. Of course, it's possible that he's only posting them as individual bets, but the option of posting them as a combination (in order to get higher odds) is not available - which I personally think is a shame. Especially because there are games where I am sure that both will score, but the odds are not 1.6 or greater. Or if you want to bet on a favorite - they usually have odds of 1.3-1.5

There is the option of betting on several possibilities using bet builder, but this is limited to one match, which means additional risk.

This is just a suggestion from me or feedback from the community. I don't expect this to be implemented just because I want it to be.

Another suggestion would be to increase the reward if you have a certain average score in the 3 games. Currently, it makes no difference whether I win 3 bets with an average odds of 1.7 or 3 bets with an average odds of 2.5. The reward is always 20€ in coins.

This post has been translated automatically

frapi07
Elite
frapi07 wrote on 03.05.2024 09:10:

I'm less concerned with the number of words. I've already given a tip.

But what I noticed was that I had to stretch it out to get to the 150 words. Does that show that I've been working on it? Maybe, but what's the point of such a long analysis for a "both meetings" or over 2.5/3.5?

I'm more concerned with the fact that you can't currently submit any combos as a community tip. You are limited to posting one Tip (single bet) per day. Look at the tips, Patizi has 4 tips for the same matchday - it would be nice if you could have submitted them as a combination. Of course, it's possible that he only posts them as individual bets, but the option of posting them as a combination (in order to get higher odds) is not available - which I personally think is a shame. Especially because there are games where I am sure that both will score, but the odds are not 1.6 or greater. Or if you want to bet on a favorite - they usually have odds of 1.3-1.5

There is the option of betting on several possibilities using bet builder, but this is limited to one match, which means additional risk.

This is just a suggestion from me or feedback from the community. I don't expect this to be implemented just because I want it to be.

Another suggestion would be to increase the reward if you have a certain average score in the 3 games. Currently, it makes no difference whether I win 3 bets with an average odds of 1.7 or 3 bets with an average odds of 2.5. The reward is always 20€ in coins.

Opps, didn't realize you had replied Only had owl in mind sorry for that but yes, wouldn't it be cooler if you had the option to place a combo bet? That way you'd have to write 4x 150 words and take 4 different days, you'd have smaller odds overall than if you'd put the games in a combo. Of course, you might play them individually, but I hope you understand what I mean

Patizi
Elite

MisterL wrote on 03.05.2024 at 08:35: why write so much at all borders on bureaucracy or official madness

only the most important detail for a game min.20 characters and then as a combined bet with total odds min.20

then everyone can pick out the best games in their own opinion, read the commentary and judge for themselves

and gamblejoe will not be poor and the added value for the forum is also given

and you have a Tip for the day without having to trawl through the fixture list forever (which is quite annoying)

those who are only after the reward will quickly crystallize out

the tip submitted by the creator could be posted or sent to others as an authorization to take part - who would take the trouble to put together a tip and not submit it?

Well, when I read that from you, it almost sounds like coercion. 😂

I've explained what difference it makes whether you only have 20 words or 150.

Doesn't that make GJ poor? Ok, probably true. But you're guaranteed to survive just writing 150 words.

Reward:
Personally, I do it for rewards of course, it gives me a certain incentive.
And I think that if there are such rewards, you should be able to write 150 words for a game. You can do a little bit for it.

Olli_Eule
Elite

Rainmann wrote on 03.05.2024 at 07:25:

🤙🤙😃 120:98. six series bagged

Congratulations 🥳 🖐️ now you will be our pro weather

frapi07
Elite

Patizi wrote on May 03, 2024 at 10:10 am:

Regarding.reward:
I personally do it for rewards, of course, that gives me a certain incentive.
And I think that if there are such rewards, you should be able to write 150 words for a game. You can do a little bit for it.

Yes, you shouldn't forget that it's a voluntary action, that giving out a reward is not compulsory and that we should appreciate it because it's not a matter of course.

Nevertheless, I think a higher reward for a higher average quota would be cool, because you are also risking more. What is the incentive to take a higher rate than the minimum rate? As the author, you only have the disadvantage.

And 150 words for a Tip (whether single or combination) should be mandatory, I'm with you on that. However, the option of placing a combined bet would not only be more relaxed, but would perhaps also tempt one or two users to take part in the promotion.

Patizi
Elite

frapi07 wrote on 03.05.2024 09:10:

The number of words is less important to me. I've already given a tip.

But what I noticed was that I had to stretch it out to get to the 150 words. Does that show that I've been working on it? Maybe, but what's the point of such a long analysis for a "both meetings" or over 2.5/3.5?

I'm more concerned with the fact that you can't currently submit any combos as a community tip. You are limited to posting one Tip (single bet) per day. Look at the tips, Patizi has 4 tips for the same matchday - it would be nice if you could have submitted them as a combination. Of course, it's possible that he's only posting them as individual bets, but the option of posting them as a combination (in order to get higher odds) is not available - which I personally think is a shame. Especially because there are games where I am sure that both will score, but the odds are not 1.6 or greater. Or if you want to bet on a favorite - they usually have odds of 1.3-1.5

There is the option of betting on several possibilities using the bet builder, but this is limited to one match, which means additional risk.

Another suggestion would be to increase the reward if you have a certain average score in the 3 games. Currently, it makes no difference whether I win 3 bets with an average odds of 1.7 or 3 bets with an average odds of 2.5. The reward is always €20 in coins.

Hä...Why should I be able to write this as a combination? That makes no sense with the higher odds. The point here is simply to assess a game and not to predict any combinations that might come up. How and whether you combine my games in the end is up to you. Individual predictions are always worth more than combinations. As I said, I can combine and predict it myself.

Regarding your 1.30 bets, you can still play them privately. Nobody is stopping you and if you want to recommend it then there is still the thread for it.

How I pick my games this week is deliberate. I just wanted to place a tip every day and place it on one day.

I think 20 euros is good because it's simply an additional offer from GJ. Of course you could increase it, but you could also lower it again to 10 euros, as it was a few weeks ago. For me personally, the 20 euros are incentive enough, as you can see from my activity. But that is of course a personal opinion

Patizi
Elite

frapi07 wrote on 03.05.2024 at 10:22 am:

Yes, one must not forget that it is a voluntary action, the distribution of a reward is not mandatory and we should appreciate it because it is not a matter of course.

Nevertheless, I think a higher reward for a higher average quota would be cool, because you also Risk more. What is the incentive to take a higher rate than the minimum rate? As the author, you only have the disadvantage.

And 150 words for a Tip (whether single or combination) should be mandatory, I'm with you on that. However, the option of placing a combined bet would not only be more relaxed, but would perhaps also tempt one or two users to take part in the promotion.

What are you risking? You're not risking anything! You don't bet anything. Write a few words and get 20 euros for free if you get 3 tips in a row right.

As a writer you have zero disadvantages because it's just for fun and free. If the project is not worthwhile for you, just don't take part.

frapi07
Elite
Patizi wrote on May 03, 2024 at 10:27 am:

Huh...why would I be able to write that as a combo? That makes no sense with the higher odds. The point here is simply to assess a game and not to predict any combos that might come up. How and whether you combine my games in the end is up to you. Individual predictions are always worth more than combinations. As I said, I can combine and predict it myself.

Regarding your 1.30 bets, you can still play them privately. Nobody is stopping you and if you want to recommend it then there is still the thread for it.

How I pick my games this week is deliberate. I just wanted to place a Tip every day and place them on one day.

I think 20 euros is good because it's simply an additional offer from GJ. Of course you could increase it, but you could also lower it again to 10 euros, as it was a few weeks ago. For me personally, the 20 euros are incentive enough, as you can see from my activity. But that is of course a personal opinion

I'm interested in having the opportunity to give more than just one encounter as a tip. Whether GJ thinks it's a good or bad idea, I can't say. I just wanted to give my feedback.

Sure, I can play 1.3 privately, but not as a community tip.

Yes, of course €20 is good, but it's still not worth taking odds that extremely exceed the minimum odds. You Risk your reward and have no real added value. For example, I hit odds of 2.25. But I could have easily gone for 1.6. Same result.

Edit: I'm risking my potential win (or reward). You write yourself that this is the incentive for you to give these tips.

Patizi
Elite

frapi07 wrote on 03.05.2024 at 10:35 am:
My point is to have the option to give more than just one encounter as a tip. Whether GJ thinks that's a good or bad idea, I can't say. Just wanted to give my feedback.

Sure, I can play 1.3 privately, but not as a community tip.

Yes, of course €20 is good, but it's still not worth taking odds that extremely exceed the minimum odds. You Risk your reward and have no real added value. For example, I hit odds of 2.25. But I could have easily gone for 1.6. Same result.

Edit: I'm risking my potential win (or reward). You write yourself that this is the incentive for you to give these tips.

Yes, then go ahead and bet your 1.6 😂

You can also play your 1.20 odds with 1000 euros or 1000 odds for 1.20 € at the betting provider. 😂

2.8 was Dortmund, by the way. A sure both hit was 1.40 or so. I don't know what is really more certain and more often in the end. I can imagine that people simply think that the smaller ones are safer. But statistically they are not.

frapi07
Elite

Patizi wrote on May 03, 2024 at 10:30 am:

What are you risking? You're not risking anything! You don't bet anything. Write a few words and get 20 euros for free if you get 3 picks in a row right.

As a writer you have zero disadvantages because it's just for fun and free. If the project is not worthwhile for you, just don't take part.

I'll try to explain this to you using 2 examples of what the current rules mean.

Example 1:

I'm deliberately picking a game this week. BVB-PSG. Both had roughly the same odds. Was about 2.5.

Nobody bet on the winner - because it's just unnecessarily risky. You Risk your winning streak and get no added value from it.

Instead, bets such as "both score / over 2.5" are taken because they have lower odds and are more likely to work out.

The number of winning bets is extremely low.

Example 2:

Let's assume you have a feeling that Bayern will lose against Wolfsburg. You won't take the Tip as a community tip because it simply doesn't make sense. I just think it's a shame because - with the right analysis - it might encourage one or two people to bet on it.

Stromberg
Legend
I think that since activity is very high at the moment, the entire area needs to be better organized.
For me, this includes

1. A filter option. By author and ideally also by sport, bet type and possibly odds.

2. An overview of how successful the authors bet. That after 10 bets have been placed, the theoretical win or loss is displayed when all these tips are replayed (with the same bet, of course).

At least it would be nice to be able to see the tips in the user's profile to start with.
I just wanted to evaluate my hit rate and had to scroll through all the pages...

That would make point 3 possible:

You could still reward 3 successful tips in a row, if necessary then only with €10.

And then after every 10 or 15 tips or so, for example, evaluate the overall success and reward a win.

This would possibly address the "problem" mentioned by Frapi that people tend to go for the lower odds and place them as a Tip instead of the higher odds that have value.

Olli_Eule
Elite

frapi07 wrote on 03.05.2024 at 10:45 am:

I'll try to explain this to you using 2 examples of what the current rules lead to.

Example 1:

I'm deliberately picking a game this week. BVB-PSG. Both had roughly the same odds. Was about 2.5.

Nobody bet on the winner - simply because it's unnecessarily risky. You Risk your winning streak and get no added value from it.

Instead, bets such as "both score / over 2.5" are taken because they have lower odds and are more likely to work out.

The number of winning bets is extremely low.

Example 2:

Let's assume you have a feeling that Bayern will lose against Wolfsburg. You won't take the Tip as a community tip because it simply doesn't make sense. I just think it's a shame because - with the appropriate analysis - it might encourage one or two others to bet on it.

That's true, the betting tips are extremely both hit or over 2.5. There is hardly any variety. But maybe we should have the courage to go for winning bets.

frapi07
Elite
Olli_Eule wrote on 03.05.2024 11:19:

That's right, the betting tips are extremely both hit or over 2.5 heavy. There is hardly any variety. But maybe we should have the courage to go for winning bets.

Yes, but that courage is currently not being rewarded. So I can understand why nobody is doing it at the moment. It would be extremely stupid.

I think it's a real shame in games like Dortmund/ - PSG or other thrillers, where both teams have roughly the same odds, that you only see tips like both score + 2.5.

@Stromberg I also like suggestions 1 and 2. It's really confusing at the moment. That's exactly what I meant. I don't think it's a bad thing if we give our feedback in general. Whether GJ then puts it into practice is up to them.

Stromberg
Legend
frapi07 wrote on 03.05.2024 at 11:22 am:
Yes, but courage is currently not rewarded. So I can understand that nobody is doing it at the moment. Would be extremely stupid.

I think it's a real shame in games like Dortmund/ - PSG or other cracker, where both teams have about the same odds, that you only see tips like both hit + 2.5.

@Stromberg I also like suggestions 1 and 2. It's really confusing at the moment. That's exactly what I meant. I don't think it's a bad thing if we give our feedback in general. Whether GJ then puts it into practice is up to them.

You could have written one 😜

Basically, it's not just about the reward, but that you also want to give good tips and can justify them.

I tipped over and 2.5 for bvb psg because that's what I thought the data showed.

I wouldn't have been able to give a convincing (for me) reason for a Tip on bvb or psg.

That's right, you have to see if GJ has the time to implement it.
But if the activity remains so high, it's actually a mandatory task to bring in a bit of an overview.

frapi07
Elite
Stromberg wrote on 03.05.2024 at 11:28 am:

You could have written one 😜

Basically, it's not just about the reward, but that you also want to give good tips and can justify them.

I tipped over and 2.5 for bvb psg because that's what I thought the data showed.

I wouldn't have been able to give a convincing (for me) reason for a Tip on bvb or psg.

Yes, of course it's actually about giving tips. But you can do the same in the sports betting thread. That's how it was done before.

By the way, I would have gone for PSG. I could have easily imagined PSG leading by 2 goals in the course of the game. I think someone (no idea who it was - sorry) once said that PSG have always scored at least once in the last 38 out of 39 games. So 1/39 that they don't score. Then there's the fact that Betano has this 2-goal lead and that would have been a plausible tip in itself.

We all know that reality is always different. But from that point of view, my tip would have been plausible.

Hot Topics8th Sep. 2024 at 03:31 am CEST

Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous

Community Forum-Moderators

Members who assist the GJ team in moderating the forum.
Profile picture of AndreAndre
Profile picture of gamble1gamble1
Profile picture of Langhans_innenLanghans_innen
Profile picture of SaphiraSaphira
GambleJoe is aimed exclusively at user whose allowed to play legally with his current location in online casinos and does not violate the current law.
It is the responsibility of the user to inform himself about the current legal situation. Gambling is prohibited for children and adolescents under the age of 18.
GambleJoe is a registered trademark with the EUIPO of GJ International Ltd.

© 2012-2024 GambleJoe.com

Forgotten your password?

Create a new password here

• 1. Fill in the 3 fields carefully and click on the green button
  • 2. Check your email inbox for a message from GambleJoe
  • 3. Click on the confirmation link in the email and your new password will be active immediately