Privacy settings

We use a number of cookies on our website. Some are essential, while others help us improve our portal for you.

Privacy settings

Here is an overview of all the cookies we use. You can choose to accept whole categories or view more information and select only certain cookies.

Essential (6)

Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the website to function properly.

Statistics (3)

Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us to understand how our visitors use our website.
If the statistics cookies are subsequently deselected, they will remain on the computer until the expiry date. However, they are neither updated nor evaluated.

Off topic & small talk: Temu and Co (Page 3)

Topic created on 03rd Aug. 2024 | Page: 3 of 4 | Answers: 56 | Views: 2,089
Stromberg
Legend

gamble1 wrote on 06.08.2024 at 00:16:
Well Temu at least uses similar providers for shipping as Amazon because it is usually handled by DHL or partners abroad right from the start, very few things really still arrive here the old-fashioned way by ship, many things are even already in warehouses in the EU, especially since all this climate Co2 nonsense is mentioned at every corner, but it is completely disregarded what we actually contribute for a tiny part in this big pile of shit called the world with the direct comparison to India or America

The main thing is that we pay attention to everything, pay tax for every crap everything completely overpriced because we want to save the world and the other big countries itch the climate exactly 0.0 % so what use is it if we destroy ourselves if we don't even contribute a quarter of it ? None at all!

Your other argument is just as bad because what does Temu do ? Temu mediates end customers to manufacturers so what happens if we don't buy it ? Right dropshippers buy it and sell the same crap we can buy here for 3€ for 60€ you get more ? No way, I know two people who earn their money with dropshipping and some of them also buy in China for cents and then sell it on Amazon for 40 times as much

No matter how you twist and turn it you can't blame anyone except the companies directly creating such conditions

Without the customer, the company doesn't exist, of course you can also blame the customer.

Of course, an Adidas shirt for 30€ is not necessarily produced more fairly than another shirt for 5€.

Whether I therefore have to buy junk that is so cheap that a reasonably fair production is ruled out... Well, everyone has to know for themselves.
The fact that goods are already in a warehouse in Europe also means that they have to be brought here, I would think.
It's clear that a ship doesn't set sail for every order.
Simply saying I can't change it anyway is just a stupid excuse because you don't feel like it.
If everyone acts a little prudently, especially if you have enough money, which you seem to have, I think you can achieve something.
The restrictions wouldn't even be major and have nothing to do with the miserable green policy.

But well, I'm not a prime example either, but don't tell myself that I don't have the option.

This post has been translated automatically

Stromberg
Legend

Regarding Prime, yes, the offer was already better. Above all, the advertising when streaming is a cheek.
However, I still get most of the things I order shipped for free and very quickly.
Expecting that for 8 euros or whatever a month you get every delivery for free the next day is another one of those things that makes me scratch my head. Although, admittedly, it was Amazon and not the customer who came up with this.

Patizi
Elite

Stromberg wrote on 06.08.2024 at 12:46 pm:

Without the customer, the company doesn't exist, of course you can also blame the customer.

Of course, an Adidas shirt for 30€ is not necessarily produced more fairly than another shirt for 5€.

Whether I therefore have to buy junk that is so cheap that a reasonably fair production is impossible... Well, everyone has to know for themselves.
The fact that goods are already in a warehouse in Europe also means that they have to be brought here, I would think.
It's clear that a ship doesn't set sail for every order.
Simply saying I can't change it anyway is just a stupid excuse because you don't feel like it.
If everyone acts a little prudently, especially if you have enough money, which you seem to have, I think you can achieve something.
The restrictions wouldn't even be major and have nothing to do with the miserable green policy.

But well, I'm not a prime example either, but don't tell myself that I don't have the opportunity.

"If everyone" <--- Great idea but not going to happen. Just let go and don't try to save the world in your few years. Accept things as they are and live with them. Whether I buy a T-shirt for 3 euros or 60 euros doesn't matter in the end. It's all about how you feel about it. Some people have a guilty conscience when they buy 3 euro T-shirts and others don't because they don't think too much about it. Why should they? At the end of the day, you're worrying about something that's just the way it is.

Stromberg
Legend

Patizi wrote on 06.08.2024 at 15:15:

"If everyone" <--- Great idea but won't happen. Just let go and don't try to save the world in your few years. Accept things as they are and live with it. Whether I buy a T-shirt for 3 euros or 60 euros doesn't matter in the end. It's all about how you feel about it. Some people have a guilty conscience when they buy 3 euro T-shirts and others don't because they don't think about it that much. Why should they? At the end of the day, you're just worrying about something that is just the way it is.

That's not going to happen because too many people have your attitude.

And mine too, as I said, I'm also a comfortable person.

I just try to avoid the companies that always have to go one better and throw even cheaper shit on the market, to the detriment of the environment, people and, last but not least, health.

Just keep accepting everything as a given, you're welcome, but I don't need advice on how to spend my few years either. 😄

Donnie
Expert

Stromberg wrote on 06.08.2024 at 16:04:

Right won't happen because too many have your attitude.

And mine too, as I said, I'm also a comfortable person.

I just try to avoid the companies that always have to go one better and throw even cheaper shit on the market, to the detriment of the environment, people and, last but not least, health.

Just keep accepting everything as a given, you're welcome, but I don't need advice on how to spend my few years either. 😄

You may be able to afford a €60 T-shirt, but what about others? Who says that the producers of a €60 shirt produce under humane conditions? The stuff from the brand manufacturers also comes from Asian countries and is produced cheaply, no one is better than the other. They all have dirt on their hands and are aware of the working conditions of the seamstresses, who are not always of age

Stromberg
Legend
Donnie wrote on 06.08.2024 at 16:23:

You may be able to afford a 60€ t-shirt, but what about others? Who says that the producers of a € 60 shirt produce under humane conditions? The stuff from the brand manufacturers also comes from Asian countries and is produced cheaply, no one is better than the other. They all have dirt on their hands and are aware of the working conditions of the seamstresses, who are not always of age

I wrote that myself above... No question about it.

But I've never bought a 60 euro shirt in my life either.
In the end, an expensive t-shirt can be even worse made than a cheap one.

When things are so cheap that it's beyond all reason and you ask yourself, how does that work... Then I do without it.

Otherwise, I also tend to buy my t-shirts cheaply

frapi07
Elite
Stromberg wrote on 06.08.2024 at 16:04:

I just try to avoid the companies that always have to go one better, always have to throw even cheaper shit on the market, at the expense of the environment, people and not least health.

You can avoid 90% of companies, because almost every company tries to produce as little as possible and sell for as much as possible (the price doesn't matter here). I would never buy a Gucci bag, even if I were a billionaire. A normal bag is just as good. Likewise, I would never pay Youtube premium for €11.

R3hab
Elite
So I separate waste, I think that's important. Staying balanced is important, but paying attention to every piece of garbage goes too far

The first load of temu is arriving tomorrow, it was quick, not Amazon but I saved 50% 😁

Frankey
Experienced

gamble1 wrote on 06.08.2024 at 00:16:
Well Temu at least uses similar providers for shipping as Amazon because it is usually handled by DHL or partners abroad right from the start, very few things really still arrive here the old-fashioned way by ship, many things are even already in warehouses in the EU, especially since all this climate Co2 nonsense is mentioned at every corner, but it is completely disregarded what we actually contribute for a tiny part in this big pile of shit called the world with the direct comparison to India or America

The main thing is that we pay attention to everything, pay tax for every crap everything completely overpriced because we want to save the world and the other big countries itch the climate exactly 0.0 % so what use is it if we destroy ourselves if we don't even contribute a quarter of it ? None at all!

Your other argument is just as bad because what does Temu do ? Temu mediates end customers to manufacturers so what happens if we don't buy it ? Right dropshippers buy it and sell the same crap we can buy here for 3€ for 60€ you get more ? No way, I know two people who earn their money with dropshipping and some of them also buy in China for cents and then sell it on Amazon for 40 times as much

No matter how you look at it, you can't blame anyone except the companies directly creating these conditions

I agree with you. But I can draw attention to the misery caused by these companies. There are of course alternative cheap stores. Otto, for example. I haven't bought from Amazon for years because you can find a lot of things in classified ads, especially in a big city. Cell phone cases, for example. Otto always has some brands at -50% or so. The only good thing for me on Amazon is their book search. The algorithm is great as far as suggestions etc. are concerned. I don't want to save the world. I'm 46 and it doesn't affect me anymore. Great uncle for a year. And I want the generation to experience a lot of things the way I did. in 1993 we had our first vacation abroad. So not just West Germany, but camping in Italy. In Ascona, on Lake Maggiore. Today the lake is almost dry. We also spent a few days in Switzerland. I was totally amazed by the Matterhorn. The snow and the glaciers everywhere. Last week, an episode of Joko Klas um die Welt from 2019 played there. I was horrified. All I have left is gray rock and few glaciers. When I think of Canada, I see green forests, snow and a moose standing by the lake. I'm not standing in front of a thousand kilometer column of fire that is so hot it has developed its own climate. 200,000 Canadians have become climate refugees as a result, and now firefighters, scientists, authorities, etc. are at a loss as to how to fight fires like those in Australia, California or Canada because these fires have given themselves an upgrade. Of course the world is a big pile of sh... and I like to draw attention to some of these piles. So that people come down and stop complaining about how bad things are for us. Things are so bad for us here in the land of the outside world? Shelves full, health Insurance, car, even 2nd class. Why don't you fly to Benin or Somalia? You can see people starving to death there. with no way out They're in a really bad way.

gamble1
Icon

Frankey wrote on 06.08.2024 at 19:22:

I agree with you. But I can draw attention to the misery caused by these companies. There are of course alternative cheap stores. Otto, for example. I haven't bought from Amazon for years because you can find a lot of things in classified ads, especially in a big city. Cell phone cases, for example. Otto always has some brands at -50% or so. The only good thing for me on Amazon is their book search. The algorithm is great when it comes to suggestions etc. I don't want to save the world. I'm 46 and it doesn't affect me anymore. Great uncle for a year. And I want the generation to experience a lot of things the way I did. in 1993 we had our first vacation abroad. So not just West Germany, but camping in Italy. In Ascona, on Lake Maggiore. Today the lake is almost dry. We also spent a few days in Switzerland. I was totally amazed by the Matterhorn. The snow and the glaciers everywhere. Last week, an episode of Joko Klas um die Welt from 2019 played there. I was horrified. All I have left is gray rock and few glaciers. When I think of Canada, I see green forests, snow and a moose standing by the lake. I'm not standing in front of a thousand-kilometre column of fire that is so hot it has developed its own climate. 200,000 Canadians have become climate refugees as a result, and now firefighters, scientists, authorities, etc. are at a loss as to how to fight fires like those in Australia, California or Canada because these fires have given themselves an upgrade. Of course the world is a big pile of sh... and I like to draw attention to some of these piles. So that people come down and stop complaining about how bad things are for us. We're doing so badly here in the land of the outside world? Shelves full, health Insurance, car, even 2nd class. Why don't you fly to Benin or Somalia? You can see people starving to death there. with no way out They're in a really bad way.

Of course you can raise awareness, I'm not saying you should ignore everything, but I doubt that we in our EU countries can make a difference if 99% of the damage caused comes from countries that are bigger than the entire EU

Otto is by no means a cheap store they are so extremely expensive my dear

Justin
Amateur
It's almost amusing how naive some people are here.
China has not grown into an economic power with cheap end products, but as a cheap supplier. Anyone who thinks that a USB cable from Samsung is better than one from Temu is wrong.
They are all manufactured in identical factories in China. 80% of what is built into smartphones, TVs or kitchen appliances comes from sweatshops in China.

And then there are those here who think... Hey, but mine has a brand stamp on it and I paid 5 times as much. I don't support such misanthropic companies. Sorry, it really doesn't get much more naive than that.

Just because cheap parts are assembled in Western (or Eastern) countries, in many cases the supplier is still the Chinese sweat store.

Samsung hires tens of thousands of Filipino workers for its mega-factories in Korea, who work 12-hour shifts a day, 6 days a week on the assembly line for $300-400 a month, assembling Chinese components so that the pseudo-humanitarian Westerner doesn't have to buy an "evil" Chinese product.

Until 2019, Samsung produced iPhone displays in China. Now they are produced with cheap labor in Korea and delivered to Chinese factories and Korea. For years, almost all Apple components have been produced in sweat stores in Asia, then assembled in the West and sold at incredibly high prices.

The same applies to sporting goods manufacturers, clothing companies, etc. Nike, H&M, Adidas, Aldi, Lidl and many others have clothes made in sweatshops in Myanmar. The DAILY WAGE there is around €3-4 for 12-hour shifts and 1 day off per month.

Anyone who thinks that they are doing something about child and human abuse just because they buy more expensive products can count themselves lucky in their illusion, it just has little to do with reality.

Fun fact, the Rammstein T-shirts from the fake store in Bangkok for €10 are better quality than the €45 shirts from the original Rammstein merch store on tour.

gamble1
Icon
Justin wrote on 06.08.2024 at 23:52: It's almost amusing how naive some people are here.
China has not grown into an economic power with cheap end products, but as a cheap supplier. Anyone who thinks that a USB cable from Samsung is better than one from Temu is wrong.
They are all manufactured in identical factories in China. 80% of what is built into smartphones, TVs or kitchen appliances comes from sweatshops in China.

And then there are those here who think... Hey, but mine has a brand stamp on it and I paid 5 times as much. I don't support such misanthropic companies. Sorry, it really doesn't get much more naive than that.

Just because cheap parts are assembled in Western (or Eastern) countries, in many cases the supplier is still the Chinese sweat store.

Samsung hires tens of thousands of Filipino workers for its mega-factories in Korea, who work 12-hour shifts a day, 6 days a week on the assembly line for $300-400 a month, assembling Chinese components so that the pseudo-humanitarian Westerner doesn't have to buy an "evil" Chinese product.

Until 2019, Samsung produced iPhone displays in China. Now they are produced with cheap labor in Korea. For years, almost all Apple components have been produced in sweat stores in Asia, then assembled in the West and sold at incredibly high prices.

The same applies to sporting goods manufacturers, clothing companies, etc. Nike, H&M, Adidas, Aldi, Lidl and many others have clothes made in sweatshops in Myanmar. The DAILY WAGE there is around €3-4 for 12-hour shifts and 1 day off per month.

Anyone who thinks that they are doing something about child and human abuse just because they buy more expensive products can count themselves lucky in their illusion, it just has little to do with reality.

Fun fact, the Rammstein T-shirts from the fake store in Bangkok for €10 are better quality than the €45 shirts from the original Rammstein merch store on tour.

Funnily enough, the frames for glasses are also made in 1-2 companies in Asia, but end up in both cheap Kik glasses and exactly the same in €1,000 brand glasses

It is the same factory, the same materials, the only difference is that there is a stamp on the brand at the end and not on the cheap ones, which incidentally is also done in the same factory and was found in a leak a few years ago

So no matter which glasses you buy and no matter in which price range you buy exactly the same frame!

So everyone who uses glasses can indirectly feel guilty for supporting the cheap system - there is simply no good production that would be worthwhile for any manufacturer

So special suppliers who now say, for example, glasses made of 100% wood or something like that, of course, but there are only 1-2 and when do you ever meet someone with such glasses? Right, almost never, so the millions of people who wear glasses for fun in summer or for medical reasons are also responsible for exploitation

And no, opticians' frames are also made in the same way, so take off your glasses and save the world

R3hab
Elite
Haha how threads like this always develop 😂
When the time comes, I'll get myself a wooden frame 🤓
And become a hero who saves the world

Justin
Amateur

R3hab wrote on 07.08.2024 at 01:04: Haha how threads like this always develop 😂
When the time comes, I'll get myself a wooden frame 🤓
And become a hero who saves the world

The world has already been saved because the cap is now stuck on the Coke bottle. You won't tear anything with your wooden glasses.

But you can even order wooden folding glasses for one-eyed people from Temu... (just to get back to Temu)

Justin

B****3

Justin wrote on 06.08.2024 at 23:52: It's almost amusing how naive some people are here.

Until 2019, Samsung produced iPhone displays in China. Now they are produced with cheap labor in Korea and delivered to Chinese factories and Korea. For years, almost all Apple components have been produced in sweat stores in Asia, then assembled in the West and sold at incredibly high prices.

I seriously wonder how you walk around or how your apartment looks when everything is just junk?

What brand of cell phone do you own or what brand is your car?

That sounds a lot like a moralizer, of course you are right in some points, but at the same time you are exaggerating!

Hot Topics19th Sep. 2024 at 06:41 pm CEST

GambleJoe is aimed exclusively at user whose allowed to play legally with his current location in online casinos and does not violate the current law.
It is the responsibility of the user to inform himself about the current legal situation. Gambling is prohibited for children and adolescents under the age of 18.
GambleJoe is a registered trademark with the EUIPO of GJ International Ltd.

© 2012-2024 GambleJoe.com

Forgotten your password?

Create a new password here

• 1. Fill in the 3 fields carefully and click on the green button
  • 2. Check your email inbox for a message from GambleJoe
  • 3. Click on the confirmation link in the email and your new password will be active immediately